Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

No FLU Bugs!

I took the kiddos into the clinic this evening so they could all get their flu shots.  I knew Alex would have a problem, I so kept it a secret.  Well . . . Lyndee can read, and after reading the sign as we walked in, she became hesitant and started loudly whining about getting a shot.  I cut her right off.  I told her, "If Alex finds out why we are here, he'll start screaming, so just please be quiet."  She was good to keep quiet but still hesitant.

After filling out the paperwork, and checking in at the desk, which seemed to take forever, especially since Jayden was screaming.  We did get to sit down for a few min without crying or whining.  After the called us all back and wrangled us into a room together, I could see Alex's hesitation, and his eyes grow so big they almost seemed to pop out.  They asked who was going first, and I volunteered Alex.  While trying to lift him to the table and explain to him that it would be ok, he kept yelling, "I don't want to go first, I don't want to go first!!"  So I let him down and kindly asked Lyndee to go first and be a great example.  She was a little tense, but when I told her that it was easier than having her ears pierced she relaxed and it was over.  GREAT, one down 2 to go.  Without much talk I grabbed Madi and layed her down on the table.  I had to hold her down, she was not happy, but she was done in a jiffy.  Now back to Alex.  Ummmm.  He was in the corner of the room still crying and yelling that he didn't want a shot.  Embarrassing!!!  He is so heavy now a days, that lifting him is a chore, but I wanted this done and over with.  No dragging it out and wasting time of those who are trying to help us.  I put him up on the table, laid him back and almost layed on top of his chest holding his hands down.  They were great to do the same with his feet and quickly give him his shot and an AWESOME bugs bunny bandaid.  My kids called them bunny bandaids.  How do they not know who bugs bunny is?  I have got to make it known in our house who this great Cartoon really is!!

As we were walking out they all got a sucker, and 3 of 4 kids were crying. (Jayden was hungry, and Lyndee was brave.  No tears!)  Since I knew a good chunk of the people working, I had a lot of people say, "Oh it was your kids crying!"  YEP!  If anyone knows us, really knows us, they know that my 6 year old scream and crie when he doesn't get his way, or has to do something he doesn't want to do.  Again Embarrassing!!! At least it's over.  I'll get mine in a few weeks, Jayden at the end of the month, and Zach probably never.  He still believes that having the vaccine gives you the flu.  You'd think he would learn his lesson from our flu experience last year Christmas Day.  NOPE.  Oh well.  Thank you to everyone in the clinic who had to put up with 10 min of screaming and crying.  Thank you for not making me feel incompetent to calm my children down, and Thank you for offering to help me out with the baby so I could hold the  other kids down.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment