Tonight was our annual Family Pumpkin Carving Night. Our kids look forward to this night every year. We order Pizza, this year we went with Papa Murpheys, Dad pulls the guts from most of the pumpkins, and we get to have some fun. Our schedule this year was a little tight. Lyndee was gone to Activity Days, so Zach, Madi, and Alex decided to get a head start. (This way Zach could take a nap before he has to go to work tonight. We hate Graveyard!!) Anyway, the kids had their pumpkins all picked out. While Lyn and I were away, Zach accidently gave Lyndee's pumpkin to Madi, but gutted a much larger one for her. When she returned home, Zach was setting their pumpkins out on the porch with candles. She was mad at first because she thought we did it without her. She stormed inside and realized that her pumpkin was gone. She started ranting and raving and stormed back outside. This is the time she noticed that her pumpkin had already been carved. She came inside and started yelling at us, and shouting how she hates Halloween, and that she never wants another Halloween again. (Here is where things get worse.) She storms outside slamming the front door behind her. She's gone for 1 min. maybe. During this minute, I start explaining to Zach that she had picked the pumpkin that Madi carved. Now, Lyn comes storming inside screaming and crying even more. Zach chimes in trying to explain to her over her screaming voice that he gutted another, bigger pumpkin for her, and that he thought she would like the bigger one. Lyndee abruptly stopped crying and says, "Oh". It got quiet all of a sudden. She turns around and again goes outside. What was she doing? I go to open the door, and see her picking up pieces of Madi's pumpkin off the grass. WHAT????? She didn't really just throw that pumpkin in the yard, did she? Oh yes she did!! What a brat, I really can't believe she did it. I never ever would have thought that she would actually be mad enough to do that. The first time she stomped outside is when she threw it, and was now trying to take back what she had done. Umm, unacceptable!!! I'd like to say that Zach and I were the most awesomeness, wonderful kind parents that sit down and talk and blah, blah, blah, etc. NOPE!! She got her butt spanked. She had to know that she did not make the right choice. Zach sent her to the shower, and told her to get cleaned up and ready for bed. After shower and Jammies, Zach called her upstairs. I talked to her first, and told her that I wasn't going to let her carve a pumpkin this year. Consequences! Zach was a little nicer. (Softie) She, Zach and I agreed that she was on 2 weeks dishes duty. All the dishes, everyday, for 2 full weeks. (My secret dream come true. I hate dishes!) She had to apologize to the whole family for yelling and screaming, to Madi for her pumpkin, and Zach for yelling at his face. Zach posted something on Facebook about this event and that made her mad again. She was crying and whining that, "Dad told everyone in the world. Now all my friends will know, and they will laugh at me." I looked right at her and said, "I'm not going to sugar coat this for you. You made a choice, a wrong choice tonight, and that choice has consequences that you have to deal with. It makes you mad that dad posted it on Facebook, but will you ever do this again?" "No!" She replies. I've learned that through the years I've given in way too much. I was more than willing to send her to bed without carving. Dishes work too, she hates doing the dishes.
After she calmed down we got right to work carving the remaining pumpkins. Alex wanted to carve Jayden's, Madi helped me with mine, and Lyndee did her own. Zach headed to bed, but left us his phone with some awesome Halloween Music. Thanks Honey!!
 |
| He's as big as our 30lb Pumpkin |
 |
| Cheer up Lyn |
 |
| Zach hates having his picture taken. Ah, Memories! |
 |
| One happy baby |
 |
| Miss Madi and Mommy |
 |
| Just a little video |
 |
Our final Results.
Top: Ales, Family Name, Zach
Bottom: Madi, Jayden, April, Lyndee
(Yes, we know our name is spelled wrong. The T's meshed together and became one during construction.)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment