Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

A smile to my face

Last night I went grocery shopping with Lyndee. After passing by the dairy section I turned back to get some cottage cheese. Now, Alex loves cottage cheese, and I don't buy it that often. Once in awhile if I think about it I'll pick some up.  as the kids and I are unloading the groceries from the van, and putting them away, I hear something that every mother loves to hear. In the words of Alex with a look of utter surprise upon his face, he says to me, "YOU ARE THE BEST MOM EVER!!!"  At first I had no idea why he had said this, so I simply asked him. "Why?" He replied, "You bought my most favorite treat ever!" In my head I'm thinking to myself trying to remember all the things that I bought at the store, wondering what treat did I buy him? I really couldn't remember buying him a treat. I bought Lyndee a treat because she came with me we ate them in the car before we got home, but I really couldn't remember buying a treat for Alex that he absolutely loves and was his favorite. Then slowly and happyily with that surprise look up on his face, he pulls the cottage cheese out of the grocery sack. You would have honestly thought he was in heaven. I was if one could just hear this wonderful music playing in the background as he lifted it into the air above his head in wonder and awe that Mom bought him cottage cheese!
It brought such a smile to my face. Zach would be proud. They both like cottage cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment