Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Oregon Trip - Tillamook

I seriously was SOOOO excited to visit Tillamook Cheese Factory.  We drove up the coast a few hours to Tillamook, Oregon.  Zach and the kids were just as excited as I was.  When we walked in, the first thing we saw was the Tillamook Cheese van.  Umm, yes we want to play inside.  Grandma hopped in with the kids.  Jayden was crawling in and out of the van multiple times.  We had to pry him away from it.

 I got Zach and Alex to pose for a fun little farm picture.

 Alex and the family enjoying the factory, watching how it all works.


 This is Alex, ALREADY whining that we had been there too long, and that we needed to leave.  Impatient little boy.  I wonder who he gets that from?  Hmmmm.
 Finally, CHEESE TASTING TIME!!!!!! This was our favorite part.  We love us some cheese.  The Smoked Cheddar was my favorite.  We ended up buying us some on our way out.

After eating our cheese samples, the kids and Zach picked us out a Tillamook magnet, then we headed over to the ICE CREAM COUNTER.   We shopped much faster than the rest of the gang.  We had our ice cream done and eaten before they came to join us with their yummy treats.  So while we were waiting, Zach took Jayden and Alex through the cheese tasting line 3 more times.  You would think such a thing would be banned, but nobody said a thing.  LUCKY, I wish I had me more cheese.


After leaving the factory, Debbie and Scott treated us to Lunch.  We checked Trip Advisor for a good place, and found this little shop called, Divine Burger Bistro.  I had AWESOME reviews.  The sign was not out front, but in the window had the Trip Advisor Sticker.  It is this little grill in the back of a consignment type shop.  We sat down.  The menu had no store name on top of it.  We ordered us some food.  It was a Hawaiian type place.  It did have a few burgers on the menu but not very many for a burger place.  We tried to keep the kids quiet as their bellies were starving. (I don't know why with all the cheese and ice crew we had just eaten.)



Lunch was good.  Not at all what I was expecting. (As you'll note I am typing this 2 months after getting home from vacation.  I had to look up the restaurant name on Trip Advisor again, because I couldn't remember it.  Now the APP says that Divine Burger Bistro has permanently closed. YEP, we for sure didn't eat at the burger bistro.  Still pretty good food, whatever restaurant we were in.






No comments:

Post a Comment