Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Oregon Trip - The last stretch to Lincoln City

Since we had 6 hours up the coast we thought we would stop here and there and make a day trip out of it. After leaving the Oregon/California border, we followed behind Grandpa up the beautiful coast. At this point Alex was sitting up front with me while I drove.   We got a few pictures that he took of things he thought were pretty cool.
A marina
A logging Company
 

 Some awesome Graffiti of course

Something he absolutely LOVES, and gets super excited about is our Nations Flag
 and . . .we can't forget the patriotic painted fire hydrant.

Grandpa took us to another Lighthouse on the coast.  We couldn't quite figure out how to get over to it, but we snapped a picture anyway.

After a bunch of driving, we were all pretty hungry.  We pulled up Trip Advisor and found this DELICIOUS sub shop called "CITY SUBS".  Seriously one of the best sub sandwiches I've had.  I am pretty sure it was their bread that made is so good.  It's in Coos Bay, Oregon.  We love to support the small businesses, and so happy we did. Again, we LOVED IT!!

After lunch we chose not to go with Curt and Janet.  They were headed to more lighthouses, and we really wanted to make it to the sea lion cave for the kids.  I was upset that we got there 30 min. too late. UGH!!  It would have been so cool.  They take you down an elevator to a cave where hundreds of sea lions come.  I hear it is stinky, but pretty cool to see all of them.  I was so sad we missed it.  So we continued up the coast, hoping to make it to Lincoln City ASAP.  We were sick of driving.  
Lyndee is bored.  She loves selfies. (Not my daughter, or Zach's in this matter.)




No comments:

Post a Comment