So today, I've had the luxury of being home in a quiet house again thanks to one of my good friends Andi. Seriously, thank you to everyone who has helped me with my kids. It is much harder than I anticipated, having handicaps and taking care of kids.
Back to today . . . I have had quite a bit more pain today than any other. I hate the feeling of "feeling the screws" in my foot. I don't know how else to describe it, other than I can feel them, and when I am up on my scooter I just have a lot of pressure in that area of my foot. So much so, that when I lay down and elevate it I can feel a lot of the pressure leave immediately. It also feels like I am developing a pressure sore on my heel inside this make shift cast splint I'm wearing. The heel pain is what woke me up at 5 am, not the screws.
I really wanted to make it to the homecoming in Clinton tomorrow, but I won't be able to go, and I'm okay with that. I am contemplating switching my days off at work next week, so I can have a few more days to rest my foot, and spend some time with my busy working hubby. Have I mentioned, I LOVE HIM? He came home from work today and has been helping me out so much. Dishes, laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, and he's not as stressed today, so he's in a great mood, which makes me happy.
Thank you again to all our ward members that have provided us with some tasty dinners this week. We have an awesome ward, and I am so thankful to be a part of it.
God is good, and he continues to bless me while I face this trial, learn from it, and leave it in my past.
Saturday, January 24, 2015
Screws?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you are healing and that you have a great hubby to help take care of you! Let's be honest... Better you that's sick than him ;) hehehe. But really- I'm glad he has been able to help you out and is so worried about you! Keep getting better! Miss you!
ReplyDelete