I went downstairs and got a few First day of School, still in bed pictures of them. I know I hated these pictures growing up, and now I just laugh as I take them of my own kids.
They were so tired. I thought they would jump up a little faster than they did, as it was their first day. Actually they really must be my kids, because I love to sleep in and will any extra minutes I can get.
After some cereal, teeth, and hair, we hurried out the door as I was dropping her off right as the bell was about to ring. Umm, I guess no pictures with her teacher, classroom and friends. I am always running late, I should never assume I'll be on time anywhere. Ugh! I did snap a shot before we left the house.
LYNDEE LOO
A big 3rd Grader - Mrs. Lindley
Canyon Elementary
Hyrum, UT
August 22, 2013
Alex is in afternoon Kindergarten. After one day of waiting for school to start, I decided that I HATE, HATE afternoon kindergarten. He couldn't wait to go to school. He thought he was going to be late all morning. I had to reassure him that it wasn't time yet. Since we had some time between drop offs, I got everyone else ready for the day.
Jayden just loves bath time. He loves to splash, and it typically all smiles. Lately he's been munching on his fingers and hands. Teething? Already?
Jayden enjoying a mid morning SNACK. If there is one thing he loves more than baths, its EATING. He will down 2 whole bottles if I let him, and he is only 30% in weight for his age. Doesn't quite add up. Side note: He had his 4 month check this week and is 60% for his head, 75% in length. Tall and Skinny. We picked Red Foot Prints this time.
The picture on the left of his foot prints is Dr. Russell McKenna's drawing of our little guy. He actually does a pretty good job. We really enjoy him as our Pediatrician, and the kids like going to see him. (As long as no shots are involved.)
Madi had to share with me her bouncy ball. I promise I did do her hair before we left the house.
After some lunch. PB and J sandwiches, grapes, Cheetos, and Lemon water Alex freshened up, brushed his teeth, was careful not to dirty his shirt during lunch. We gel'd up his hair and he was excited to have his Kindergarten Pics.
ALEX BUDDY
Kindergarten - Mrs. Carrie Kendrick
Canyon Elementary
Hyrum, UT
August 22, 2013
MADI MOO
2 1/2 Years Old - Can't wait to be old enough to go to school
We got to school a little early. I helped Alex find his Owl, hang up his backpack, and find his desk. He got a new name tag, and got to play with some play dough before class started.
It was a little hard to just up and leave him. I don't know why. He's been in daycare since he was 3 months old, and had speech the last 2 years, which I just dropped him off outside. I know school will be so much fun for him this year. Enjoy every moment Buddy!
Jayden and I walked down to the school with our neighbors to pick up the kids. When the kids came out, I was so excited to see them. Alex started crying. I wondered what was wrong. After I got him to calmly tell me, he was upset because he thought I brought the van to pick him up and he wanted to be a big Kindergartner and walk home with his big sis. I told him I walked and Yes, we would be walking home. But it wasn't the same walking with me, vs. just the 2 of them. Mom's always in the way.
Here they are in front of the school, after their first day of school.
Alex is showing off his first project of Kindergarten.
This goes with a book they read that day. He was so proud to show it off.
When we got home I had the kids tell me all about their day. Here is Lyndee's video. I can't get Alex's to load, and it is really funny because, one can get a little side tracked thanks to Lyndee shaking of her booty in the back ground. What a silly girl.
They both had a great day, and can't wait for many more days. Wonder if they'll still be thinking that by Christmas. Another Side Note: About a week before school started Lyndee told me the following. " I can't wait to go back to school, do you know why?" Me: "Why" Lyndee: "Then I won't have to do the dishes anymore!!!" I laughed a long while. Mostly with an evil villain laugh, because little does she know, Dishes are her job FOREVER more. (Mostly because I hate doing dishes and always have. Ask my mother she'll tell you!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment