Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Hubby and Me

I can't help but continually think that I need to post this.  Zach works 6/7 night (graveyard shift), and then 1-2 times a week he'll work 1/2 a swing shift prior to working his grave's shift.  So Monday nights are OUR nights.  This past Monday was wonderful.  Yes, I had to work and he was home with our kids all day long.  However we had a wonderful night.  Zach made a delicious dinner for the kids and I and then picking up the house and dishes really was done by everyone.  It was so nice.  Zach was really in such a good mood. (I loved IT!!  It doesn't happen that often, mostly from the lack of sleep and loud kids.)  What really was my most favorite part of the evening was after our kiddos went to bed.  Ah, quiet.  We love it when it's quiet.  Between work and kids we rarely get the chance to sit down and just talk especially without being interrupted.  I think we crawled into bed about 10pm and continued to just talk to each other, mostly about our lives together, our kids, what we should have done differently the last 9 years, and the big changes we are contemplating in the near future. I can't say it enough.  I love, love, love spending time with my hubby when he's not grumpy, or stressed.  At probably close to midnight I had to interrupt him, lean over and kiss him good night. (I had to get up for work much earlier than usual, and I'm not a morning person).  He says to me, "I know, I know, I just miss being able to talk to you, this doesn't happen very often".  I agreed with him.  Shortly after that he kissed me goodnight and told me how much he loves me.  What a great hubby.  I am so thankful he is in my life.  I really do cherish and love him so very much despite his oft grumpiness.  I really don't know what I would do without him in my life.  I am so grateful that we have FOREVER with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment