Little Miss Lyndee Loo turned 8 years old this past sunday. (Aug. 11) She was so excited to be turning eight. Years ago we told her she could get her ears pierced when she was 8. She has looked forward to that day for a few years. We took her into Claires (in the mall). She picked out White Daisy earings with Pink centers. She was so nervous. There was only one worker that morning, so she had to have her ears done one at a time. I'm pretty sure she tightened up every muscle in her body as she was putting that little machine next to her ear lobe. She actually did better on the second ear.
She loves them, and is constantly reminding me to put the ear care solution on them 3 times a day. She really is growing up and becoming more responsible. She is such a great helper. We do put a lot of pressure on her as she is the oldest. (We both know, because Zach and I are both the oldest).
Lyndee wanted a Monster High Cake for her birthday this year. I like to make my kids their birthday cakes. I hope it is something they will always remember. I always have these grand ideas in my head, and, well . . . umm . . . with a 4 month old that wouldn't let me put him down, it didn't turn out at all like I wanted it too. However, she really liked it, and that is all that counts.
Lyndee wanted a Monster High Cake for her birthday this year. I like to make my kids their birthday cakes. I hope it is something they will always remember. I always have these grand ideas in my head, and, well . . . umm . . . with a 4 month old that wouldn't let me put him down, it didn't turn out at all like I wanted it too. However, she really liked it, and that is all that counts.
This year we told our families that our kids didn't need any more toys. (Our house is overloading with unused toys) They were all so great to go with the flow. She got the following:
* Earrings from Mom and Dad
* Her favorite Reese's Cereal (We never buy expensive cereal)
* 2 Taylor Swift CD's (One from Mom & Dad, and one from Grandma & Grandpa Checketts) She loves Taylor Swift.
*A Lalaloopsy Shirt
*A Quad set of Scriptures with her name on them, from Grandma & Grandpa Robinette
* Pretty Pink Ruffly Scripture case, bookmark, and highlighters from Grandma & Grandpa Checketts
*A Monster high Backpack with all the necessity School supplies from Aunt JJ and Uncle Matthew
* And her Grandma's took her school shopping for all the newest clothes to start school. SPOILED!! (Actually I am really grateful that they do this for my kids. Love Them!!)
She had a great Birthday, and is so excited to have her Friend birthday party this weekend.
I snapped some pics of the other kiddos on Birthday morning. I can't resist to post. They are so cute.
Lyndee wanted Pancakes, Bacon and Eggs for Breakfast. Madi didn't mind, she rather enjoyed breakfast.
After Breakfast Jayden dozed off to sleep. Don't judge me by the pink blanket. They are my favorite stretchy little light weight blankets, and I could never find some in boy colors. When you've had your 4th baby you just use what you have, and don't really mind. Sorry Buddy!
Alex is enjoying Frosty the Snowman Movie during the middle of Summer. (It has been a rather hot summer.)
I just love my kiddos. They really are such good kids. Yes, they are loud, they scream, and fight with one another, but didn't we all do that growing up. They really do look out for each other, and love being together.
This is the last family picture we've had. It was taken at my Grandma Ruth Robinette's 80th Birthday party. I need to say, that I just love my sweet hubby. I often don't give him the credit he deserves. He works 1 full time and 2 part time jobs to support our family. He gets little sleep, he watches our kids as much as he can when I'm at work, and yes he does dishes, mops and vacuum's the floors, mowes the lawn every week, washes and folds laundry, and is such a great DADDY for our kids. They love when dad is laughing and playing with them. Yes all of this puts so much stress on him. I often complain about his grumpy"ness". Yes I despise it, but I know where it stems from. Stress. I am so thankful that he is in tune with the spirit, and guiding our family to the best decisions for us. As we look to our future, and wonder what it holds for us, we know that as long as we stay close to the lord, and work hard together that we will never be led astray. I love my Hubby, and Love our little family. Families are forever.

No comments:
Post a Comment