Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Week of Summer Fun

It seems we finally got around to actually having a little summer fun this week.   I decided that even if the house was not in order, we were going to do something fun.  House work, laundry, dishes, etc. will always be there, however my kids at this age won't.

We started off the week last Sunday headed to the park by Hyrum Rodeo Grounds.  It was nice to get out of the house and have a little bit of fun.  Madi absolutely loves to swing on the swings.  I was pushing her for over 30 min.  She enjoyed every second. 

While there friends of ours, the Bywater Family happened to feel the need for some park time as well.  Alex was so excited to play with Jaxyn, and Lyndee got to play with Brynly, and Katelyn.  They had so much fun.  They even played toilet tag. (Freeze tag in my day!)  We played until dusk.  It was a beautiful sunset.

Monday June 10 was our 9 Anniversary.  We took the kids and went out to lunch.  We were going to go mini golfing, but it was super hot at 3pm.  We came home lined up a sitter for the kids. (They love having sitters while we have a date night) and we drove over the mountain.  We were headed to Maddox, and shortly realized that they are not open on Mondays.  BUMMER!  We were already that way, so we went and visited Grandma, and Grandpa Checketts. (Our kids' Great grandparents) We had Jayden with us, and they had not seen him yet, so we stopped for a visit.  It was good to see them.

Tuesday evening, I had called the kids home from the neighbors, and asked them to bring in their bikes, and come in the house.  I had come in to get Jayden ready for bed, which took a few min.  When I went back outside to express the need of the kids coming in, this is what I found.

 
2 Kids soakin' wet running through the sprinklers at almost 10pm.  All I could do was laugh and grab the camera.  Madi wouldn't join in the fun with the sprinklers, but she was however running around just as much as they were.
 
Thursday after Lyndee got done with summer tutoring classes, we headed to North Logan.  They have a fun splash pad a few blocks north of the Speciality Hospital.  We pitched the canopy, sun screened up, had our water, and treats, and enjoyed the afternoon.  Jayden slept the whole time.  Madi was a bit scared of the water, but Lyn and Alex had a blast.  Over and over again Alex would wait to push the button to start the water again.  It was 96 degrees.  I was grateful for my 10 x 10 piece of shade.

North Logan Splash Pad

 
Thursday evening, the kids got to have some fun with Curt and Janet while Zach and I went to Summerfest kid FREE!  We met up with Cory and Alexis, visited with some friends,  and neighbors.  It was pretty windy and chilly, but we enjoyed being together.
 
Friday I took the kids to Play group at the park.  We have lived here for 2 years and I have never made it to play group.  Finally, finally we made it.  It was at the Whittier Center in Logan.  I had never been to that park.  It was pretty fun.  The kids got to play with all their friends for a few hours in the sun.  Sunscreen Please!
Madi hiding and eating Goldfish
 
Later that evening we had a hot dog roast at the Zellers house.  I was able to share some time with my 2 good friends, Heather Abbey, and Andi Watkins.  We all have kids right around the same age.  Alex, Tanner and Hayden were busy being boys all night.  Lyndee and Katelyn love spending time together.  It was fun.  We all smelled like camp fire when we got home.  I love it!
 
Saturday, Zach was up for 32 hours straight.  He got off work at the Sheriff's Office, then headed to work on the rental homes.  He and Cole accomplished a lot.  He made it home in time to relax for a bit, and head to a BBQ.  We had BBQ chicken dinner with our friends Heidi and Brian Hawkins.  Great dinner.  They taught us how to play Bohnanza.  It's a fun card game, involving planting bean fields.  I lost of course.  Lyndee beat me, and she quit before the game was over. Next time, next time.
 
Sunday, Today.  Fathers Day 2013.  I made Zach a yummy breakfast. Cinnamon French toast with strawberry sauce and whip cream.  This really is saying something, because I don't like French toast, and I've only made it 2 or 3 times since we've been married.  It was good enough for me to eat, so it must have been GOOD!
 
Jayden gave Zach the best Fathers Day gift.  Jayden's first laugh was in Sunday School, and it was while Zach was holding and talking to him. 
 
After church, we went to have dinner at Zach's parents house.  Delicious hamburgers, fruit, southwest salad, and Red velvet chocolate cream cheese cake.  Everything was so good.  I had a full plate of seconds, which rarely happens. 
 
Janet brought out a bag of Marshmellows.  The kids were trying to hoard the bag from each other, afraid they wouldn't get a fair share.  When the bag was free, and no one was looking.  Madi snatched the bag and ran over to her Little Tikes Car.  She stuffs the bag of mallows in the Trunk.  She was only willing to share if you asked nicely.  She'd open her "trunk" get you a mallow, twist up the bag and stuff it back into the trunk.  It was funny.  She did it a few times.
 
We went to visit my dad after dinner.  I made he and Curt some homemade Mango Avocado Salsa.  I hope they enjoy it.  Zach was jealous he didn't get any.  So at the last min. I whipped out his Fathers Day gift.  A brand New, never opened, FREE, gas trimmer.  Who would have thought a Gas trimmer would light up Zach's face the way it did?
 
Happy Fathers Day to my Dad, Lee Robinette, my Father-in-law Curt Checketts and to my sweet hubby who puts up with me, and works so hard for our family.  I love your guts Z.
Fathers Day 2013

 
Plans for this week include, 2 free trips to Logan Aquatic Center, and for now a few Park visits.  Eventually I hope to make it down to the Treehouse museum in Ogden, and Hogal Zoo before I go back to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment