Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

A few DIY Projects

My DIY Projects
I've been doing a few DIY projects around the house.  Nothing big, just a few things that have really been bugging me.  I wanted to accomplish our Master Bedroom while on maternity leave, but 4 kids prove to be more work than anticipated.  So I've done a few little projects around the house that have been on my mind. 

Filing Cabinet
Zach was driving through our old neighborhood and found a 4 drawer filing cabinet that had been painted, and was needing some love.  It had a big FREE sign on it, so Zach made sure everything worked, and he loaded it up and brought it home.  He was so excited to show it to me.  Here are my before and after pictures.


BEFORE
I pulled out all the drawers, found a can of spray paint I all ready had on hand.  I used KRYLON Brushed Metallic Oil rubbed bronze. 

I set everything up in the grass, and took off the ugly little square tag holders on the front of each drawer.
 
 After 4 cans of spray paint, I was done painting.  I recommend sanding, and priming before spraying painting.  I bought some contact paper from the dollar store, and with a little work, Waa Laa, my cute filing cabinet is complete.




AFTER


Now if I can only get all of our “stuff” transferred into it, and get rid of the old broken one.
 
 
 
 
WINDOW TRIM
When our home was built it did not have trim around any of the windows.  I hated how plain it looked.  So I took it upon myself to learn how to use my new finish nailer, I went and I went and bought some wood.  I was a little intimidated about the nailer, at first.  But today I love, love, love it.  Thank you Zach and Mom for the wonderful birthday present.  Here are some pics.
The 2 side windows in the Kitchen Bay window
 
 
 



Without Trim
 
AFTER


I also felt the need to cap our half wall, and and ledge around the stair well.  It looked pretty boring.  Zach hates when I start new projects, but I just don’t care.  When I’m done painting and everything is cleaned up, he will love it. 





JAYDEN’S ROOM 

I started Jayden’s bedroom over 1 month before he was born.  It was a completely white room that was screaming for some color.  Zach told me to just leave it white, but when I have my mind set he’s never gonna win. J I drew up some ideas on the computer, and got to work. I just got all the vinyl, up on the wall and love the way it turned out.  YES! Another project out of the way.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment